THE CONFIDENCE MINDER
How to boost your confidence and maximise performance.
Maintaining self-esteem and confidence in our abilities is vital for our general well-being and for us to perform to the best of our ability.
The Confidence Minder
A loss of confidence can be a gradual process or happen overnight. The challenges of the world we live in are not necessarily greater than they were 20 years ago but learning to take a step back from the constant stream of information and images we are all exposed to is not always easy. As a result feelings of inadequacy, anxiety and a negative self-image are increasingly common.
Sophrology enables us to ‘trick’ the mind into overcoming obstacles by accessing the positive elements we have within us and discover our inner potential so that we can move forwards with greater confidence and strength.
As we encourage the positivity inside us to grow, there is less and less room for any negativity. This in turn makes us more resilient and stronger to deal with the challenges of life.
During the sessions you will:
- Get out of your head and into your body to discover your personal resources and strengths.
- Learn how to replace negative images and fears with positive alternatives to restore confidence in yourself and others. (with recorded visualisations for you to use at home).
- Reconnect with your values and use them to motivate and restore purpose.
- Let go of worries and doubt and learn to tap into your true potential and embrace new opportunities.
- Prepare for specific goals or events such as exams, competitions, interviews and presentations.
Christchurch University “Life after Uni” workshops, March 2017, to manage Stress and increase Resilience :
“I found the workshop fascinating, it gave me space to think.”
“I enjoyed looking at things in a new way.”
“I have taken away approaches that will help me over the next few months as I prepare for my exams …”